记录 Window is Closed
Call to schedule an appointment: 603-610-7446
The Portsmouth 警察局 actively works in partnership with our community to protect, prevent crime and respectfully, justly and compassionately help all people.
Emergencies: 9-1-1 ~ Non-Emergencies: (603) 427-1500
Frequently Asked Questions
How to obtain a copy of an accident or arrest report?
Request by Mail or 传真:
请填写 Request of Accident/Incident Report Form and attach a clear photocopy of your valid State or Federal issued picture ID. The ID copy must accompany each request.
Address: 记录 Division
传真 to: (603) 610-7670
If possible, it is best to call ahead for the report to be prepared in advance of your arrival (603) 610–7446.
The form(s) are also available at the 记录 Division window.
For more information about reports visit the 记录单元
SERT stands for the Seacoast Emergency Response Team. Other titles for this type of unit include but are not limited to SWAT, ERT, SRT, and SOU. SERT was formed in 2001 as a regional tactical team when the 的城市 Portsmouth ERT and the Town of Hampton SRT teams merged along with nine other communities in the New Hampshire Seacoast forming the present day configuration of the team.
What Does the Animal Control Officer Do?
The Animal Control Officer is responsible for enforcing State Laws and local Ordinances pertaining to the welfare and control of domestic, exotic and wild animals. The Animal Control Officer is also considered the local Rabies Control Authority and handles many wild animals, which have been reported to be sick or injured.
How can I become a police officer?
To become a Police Officer with the Portsmouth 警察局 you must undergo the recruitment and hiring process which includes an examination, physical agility test, 和更多的.
What should I do when I'm stopped by the Police?
- New Hampshire law requires that motorists pull as far to the right as practical and come to a complete stop on the approach of any emergency vehicle with emergency lights and/or siren activated.
- 不 exit your vehicle unless asked to do so by the officer.
- DO keep your hands in plain view on the steering wheel, so the officer can see them. This is a standard safety measure for the officer - s/he doesn't know you. Please do not be insulted. If the stop occurs at night, please turn on your interior dome light.
- 不 make any sudden movements inside the vehicle, especially toward the floorboard, 后座, 或者手套箱区域.
- 如果你的执照, 车辆注册登记, or insurance information are not within reach, tell the officer where they are located before you attempt to retrieve them.
- Avoid becoming argumentative. Arguing will not change an officer's decision to issue a summons or a warning. If you disagree with receiving a summons, you can argue the case at the Portsmouth District Court before a judge.
For more information see When Stopped by Police
Who do I call if my car has been towed?
If your car has been towed, please contact the 站 Officer at (603) 610-7412
Where do I get my personal Criminal Background Check?
From the State of New Hampshire. A local police department does not provide this report.